Racing & Training
The ADCC is providing support for a range of events across Australia, including road racing, mountain bike racing and sportive events.
Cycling is an approved sport of the Australian Defence Sports Council (ADSC) and this support is twofold;
- to raise awareness and participation cycling events within Defence.
- to support members to compete at a higher level at national events
Both these objectives are consistent with the principles of participation in sport as detailed in DI(G) PERS 14-2, ADF Policy on Sport.
The attached Admin Instruction (1/2012) provides details on the support provided to ADCC members.
In general the ADCC will provide support by paying event entry fees, providing uniforms and when appropriate, venue hire. The ADCC is not permitted to pay for travel or accommodation expenses incurred when attending these events.
A soft copy of Annex B has also been provided to assist members obtaining permission to attend a support event.
Nominating for support
To nominate for an event go to the event calendar and find the desired event, then click on the ”Join” button at the top of the page and complete the nomination form. If the “nominate” link does not appear next to the event it means that nominations for this event have not opened yet.
You can nominate for as many events as you like and by nominating you are not committing to do the event, you are merely expressing your interest in attending.
Each month the committee will meet to determine which nominations will be supported.
- If oversubscribed the committee and the regional rep will determine which nominations will be supported. Based on
- Previous results of the member, with preference given to higher performing members
- Location of member, Members based in the state of the event will receive first preference
- If the member has received support or any other events in the same financial year.
- If the event is under-subscribed naturally all nominations will be accepted and nominations will remain open until the PAX for the event is reached.
After the event all members who received support are to complete an online post-race report (create a new entry on the race report tab). This information will be used as part of our CAR submission, so we can justify our funding. Selected reports will also be posted on the club website to highlight some of club’s performances.